The Ministry of Labor has announced new guidelines effective from 01.10.2020. DGHS i.e. Directorate General of Health Services related to the Ministry of Labor has prepared new guidelines for Safe Workplace.
These new guidelines state that social distance and compliance with company guidelines are essential and strictly to be followed by every employee. It also directed for installation of CCTV to monitor the employees. if these instructions are not followed by anyone, the appraisal may be blocked.
The guidelines also point to private companies asking the industry
- to make changes into their HR policy.
- Health insurance is required for all employees.
- Companies must create Special Leave Policy for Corona.
- The company will tie-up with the nearest hospital for this.
- The employee uses a private vehicle or bicycle.
- the employee is encouraged to use the staircase.
- Not more than 2 to 5 people should be allowed in the elevator at a time.
- It also states that parents of kid under the age of 5 should be allowed to work from home if both are working.
- People over the age of 65 should be encouraged to work from home.
- Adequate hand sanitizer (which does not require touch) and thermal screening are required in the office.
- Employees who have been given the facility of pick and drop, it should be provided with AC buses or other large vehicles which are large and accommodate only 30-40 per cent of the total capacity.